Disclaimer: I am not a certified trainer, doctor, dietitian, or cat wrangler. For now, these exercises work for me, and I think they're worth sharing. Exercise at your own risk.
Stopwatch/Timer, Floor, Yoga Mat (Optional)
- Low Jumping Jacks - Originally, I thought about throwing regular jumping jacks into today's workout, but found this video from the amazing Bob Harper, and thought I'd give it a try. Feel the burn!
- Squat Jumps - Squat jumps are awesome! Don't try to rush through these. Remember that form is important!
- Walking Lunges - These are pretty self explanatory. You're going to take 20 steps total to complete 10 per leg.
- Downward Dog Push Ups - Remember these? Yeah. I tried to block them out of my memory too. This time around, we're going to add five more to our routine.
- Leg Raises - This is an ab exercise I love to hate. You can do them with straight legs or with more of a bend in the knees. The key is to not let your feet touch the floor until you're done.
- Pilates Hundred - I never knew what these are called, but after a bit of searching around, I found them! There are so many variations of this exercise. I suggest starting with bent knees, but it's really up to you.
- Straight Arm Plank - You know the deal. You'll feel it in some different (and some of the same) spots from elbow planks, but you'll still feel it.
- Super(wo)mans - This should feel pretty good after that ab section.
Did you feel the burn? What are some of your favorite exercises to do when you don't have a lot of time?